Community Outreach Mini Grant Program
MCRSP has been awarded $30,000 annually from the Missouri Department of Mental Health to assist community organizations in raising awareness about substance use through local events. Individual grants of up to $1,500 each are available to organizations that are holding community events to raise awareness about substance use, break stigma and connect people in need to local resources. Questions about this program should be directed to Christa Harmon at MCRSP.
Grant Program Criteria:
- The following documents must be submitted to MCRSP:
a) A completed 1-page application: Grant Application Fillable Form.
b) A current I.R.S. Form W-9: Form W-9
c) A flyer advertising the event. (saved as .jpg, .png. .pdf)
- Individuals are not eligible for the grant, only organizations (preferably 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations). Each grant award is limited to $1,500. An organization may apply for more than one event a year if the events are distinct and separate.
- Fundraising events or events that are directed only to participants within a program or aimed at promoting only one program are not eligible. Only events that are open with free admission to the public and involve a variety of vendors as resources are eligible. Possible vendors should ideally include Narcan distribution, local health care providers, treatment and recovery service providers, and other public agencies. Conferences, trainings and purely online events are not eligible.
- We strongly encourage organizers to invite local elected public officials and media to the events.
- MCRSP should be listed as an event sponsor. The MCRSP logo is available from MCRSP.
- The event should be broadly marketed, including the use of social media, radio public service announcements, flyers at local churches and businesses, etc.
- At the conclusion of the event, you must submit a summary of the event to Christa Harmon, giving a brief description of the event and number of attendees. Photos of the event should also be submitted, if possible.